By Jamie Oliver
- 1 small loaf of sourdough bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 handfuls of nice mixed-colour ripe tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil
- quality herb or white wine vinegar
- Slice the bread 1cm-thick, then toast on a barbecue or griddle pan.
- Rub each slice lightly with a cut clove of garlic, then drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle lightly with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Remove the cores from the tomatoes, carefully squeeze out the seeds, then place in a bowl.
- Tear in the basil leaves, season with salt and pepper, then toss with a good lug of oil and a good swig of vinegar, to balance the flavours.
- Serve the tomatoes either chunky or finely chopped, or you can scrunch them between your fingers before putting them on your bruschette – really tasty